Program DescriptionThis is a one day interactive workshop with case base exercises, peer assessment exercises and training on practice tools. The program addresses the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) Medical Record Keeping Policy.
- Maintain your Medical Records to ensure quality of care, continuity of care, assessment of care, and evidence of care.
- Navigate and apply the components and direction in the CPSO Medical Records Policy.
- Assess and improve medical records according to criteria defined in the Policy
After active engagement in this workshop you will be better able to:
- Identify the benefits of keeping good Medical Records for patients, their families, other medical providers, and yourself.
- Define the requirements of complete Medical Records, and apply the tools to maintain them.
- Evaluate the relevance and impact of electronic Medical Records in your practice.
- Assess and improve your own Medical Records in practice.