This Multi-disciplinary Gynecologic Oncology Annual Lecture Series was developed in response to the rapidly evolving therapeutic landscape in Gynecologic Oncology.
This one day program will provide an update on various topics in the field of Gynecologic Oncology. We aim to review advances in surgical management, systemic therapy, radiation therapy and survivorship care for women with gynecologic malignancies. The lecture presentations will be done by Canadian experts across gynecologic oncology disease sites.
Participants will gain an understanding of the current management options for patients with gynecologic cancers and the options available once patients are referred to cancer centres.
This is an inspiring time in the field of gynecologic cancers as many new technologies and targeted therapeutics are emerging. We are thrilled to share these new advances with you at this annual conference, accredited educational event.
2019 Hot Topics:
- Review the results of the LACC trial with lead author Dr. Pedro Ramirez
- Debate the role of minimally invasive surgery in cervical cancer
- Discuss advances in radiation therapy for gynecologic cancers
- Discuss the role of maintenance PARP-Inhibitors in advanced ovarian cancer
- Review germline and somatic BRCA testing in ovarian cancer
- Discuss supportive and palliative care initiatives for women with advanced gynecologic cancers
At the end of this meeting participants will be better able to:
- Assess recent developments in clinical practice in gynecologic oncology
- Understand challenges and needs of the current gynecologic oncology landscape
- Identify opportunities and solutions to clinical challenges in gynecologic oncology
- Integrate advances in surgical, radiation and systemic therapies to clinical care